twelve

Twelve. That's the number of assignments that stand between me and my M.S.Ed. in Higher Education. It is unbelievable how fast this semester is going. I am frightened, yet excited, about the next chapter in my life when I, for the first time in my life, will no longer be a student.

I have written down every assignment I have to do on a post it note. I have stuck each post it note on the wall in my bedroom (organized by class) and after each assignment is submitted I take the post it note off the wall and throw it in the trash. I love visually being able to see all the assignments I have to do getting smaller and smaller and seeing how much closer I am to my degree.

Although I only have 12 more assignments, there is one other dooming thing that stands between me and graduation: the comprehensive examination or "comps". Comps is an exam that all Higher Education students need to take in order to graduate from Penn.  Needless to say, I am terrified for the exam. It is scheduled for February 26- Februray 29 so don't try and contact me that weekend, I will be locked in the library taking the exam for three days straight.

Overall, the semester has been going great. I am really enjoying my time here at Penn and engaging with world-renowned faculty everyday.  My favorite class I am taking is Equity & Diversity in Higher Education with Dr. Shaun Harper. The class in engaging, thought-provoking, and powerful. It makes me want to create a world that promotes access and equity in the academy.

If you have not yet submitted your application to Penn GSE, be sure to do so soon! We are here to help should you run into any problems.

Find your passion here!


The 12 things that stand between me & graduation.



0 comments:

Post a Comment