reflections from the past nine months

The dreaded comps weekend is this weekend. That's right, the exam that determines if I graduate from this program or not! Yikes! No pressure or anything...

As I am compiling all the previous course material that has been assigned throughout the past nine months and reviewing key themes and reoccurring concepts pertinent in contemporary and historic higher education, I cannot help but reflect on all that I have learned this past year and how truly grateful I am to work with great faculty members who are pioneering research in education. The same people that stand before me in the Penn GSE classrooms are the same people who stand before Congress to advise on certain policy decisions, who run national associations, and much much more. I am truly blessed to be associated with such scholars who are changing education, not only in America, but on a global scope.

The most obvious way that I have seen the transformation and growth is through job interviews. I have been on three job interviews as I try to plan my post-graduation life. This program has helped me more confidently answer questions during job interviews, use the lexicon employers are looking for, and draw from prominent research to back up what I am saying. I am so excited for my future and truly grateful for all that Penn GSE has provided for me. This program has transformed me into a confident, well-versed, and highly prepared higher education professional and analytical thinker.

Keep your fingers crossed for me this weekend! And feel free to e-mail any questions. We are more than happy to help you decide if Penn GSE is the right fit for you.


Philadelphia night life, about a twenty minute walk from campus.

A cohort bonding night wouldn't be complete without French fries. YUM!

My friend Sarah and I taking a study break and enjoying a furniture gallery opening.




0 comments:

Post a Comment