learning inside & out of penn gse

It has always been a dream of mine to learn how to make coffee. I love going to coffee shops & watching the baristas make a latte--it looks like such an art! This past week I had the opportunity to go to an espresso making class and learn for myself! Graduate school is a place to step out of your comfort zone and learn as much as possible-whether it is related to your future career goals or not.


I went to the Counter Culture Training Center in Philadelphia. I spent three hours learning the ins and outs of what makes a great tasting espresso based drink! Let me be the first to tell you--it's MUCH harder than it looks!


My accidental latte art.

This past weekend was Family Weekend at Penn. I was so excited to meet our mascot, the Quaker! We also won our football game against Yale!


Don't forget to send us your application as soon as possible--imagine how you will be able to step out of your comfort zone here...(and enjoy some of the delicious coffee shops of Philadelphia)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment