life post-graduation

As the semester is coming to an end (10 more days! YIKES) it is really starting to hit me that I am leaving Penn GSE and starting a new chapter in my life. Talk about scary!

Last Thursday I had the opportunity to visit New York City to apartment hunt. One of my closest friends in the program, Dan, was also offered a position post-graduation in New York so he came and checked out some places as well.

The experience wasn't as bad as I would have expected and I was able to secure a place in the Upper West Side/Morningside Heights area. It's perfect! My room has three closets, is big enough to fit a sofa AND full sized bed (which is unheard of in New York) and still have enough room for a dresser. The cost of rent... well that's a different story. The biggest plus is that it is only a 30 minute subway ride to midtown Manhattan where my office is located. It's going to be so nice using the commute time to read (and it won't be related to school).




I am so excited for this next chapter in my life and am forever indebted to the University of Pennsylvania's Graduate School of Education for all the opportunities it has provided for me. Ten days and two more papers and I will officially be a master.

0 comments:

Post a Comment