Cohort friends-giving, course registration, & Thanksgiving break!

Boy, this past week was so eventful I don't even know where to begin!

On Tuesday of last week I was fortunate to host a Higher Ed Division Friends-giving at my house! It was an absolute BLAST! I had almost 30 people at my house for a potluck style dinner, complete with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and so so so much more. We also had arts & crafts (kind of like what you would do in third grade) & silly hats & party favors. I love getting to know the members of my cohort outside the classroom. The faculty here are also so interested in getting to know their students, some faculty members also came over for dinner. The people I have met through this program are like a family to me & I value them so much. It was nice getting together in a relaxed setting.


Friends-giving turkey and decorations. I had SO MUCH FUN decorating my house.

Course registration was also open this week and my Spring 2016 semester is fabulous! I am only taking four classes this upcoming term because I took one over the summer. These are the classes I will be taking next term: Enrollment Management, Professional Development, Human Sexuality, & Victimization. I am also doing an Independent Study with Dr. Ross Aikins where we will explore sexual assault on the college campus.

The great thing about Penn GSE is that you are not limited in only taking education courses. The victimization course I am taking is through the nursing school. Some of my classmates are taking classes through Wharton or Penn Law. My least favorite thing about this program is that it is only one year, so you are limited with the courses you are able to take. There are so many classes I wish I could take, but just don't have room for in my schedule (for example, there is a class called "Bessie, BeyoncĂ©, & 20th Century Black Women Performers" which would be such a fun & different class!!)

Found a cute new café for studying on 5th & Lombard.
I am so beyond excited that Thanksgiving Break is this week! I will be flying to Denver, Colorado on Wednesday to spend some time with my family. It will be a great vacation and time to relax (even though I will be writing many essays during my "break". It's going to be so weird being away from my Higher Ed family... I am truly going to miss the people in this cohort--even though it's only going to be four days apart!


Have a fantastic holiday and eat tons of turkey! Until next time...

-Austin

0 comments:

Post a Comment