breaks & brunch, my two favorite things

For those who don't know me, I am a huge fan of brunch. There's nothing I love more than waking up late on a Sunday afternoon & exploring new brunch options. This past weekend, some of the members in my cohort & I met up for brunch in Center City at my favorite place, called Marathon Grill. They have the best breakfast quesadilla you could ever imagine. It was a nice break from the intensity of this quick, one year program.

Sunday morning brunch with my cohort! Breakfast quesadilla & potatoes!
When you are balancing five classes, a graduate assistantship, & other extracurricular activities to fill up your resume, it is easy to forget about the importance of self-care. One can get so wrapped up in the competitive nature of graduate school. I encourage anyone in graduate school (whether at Penn or not) to realize that it is truly impossible to accomplish everything that is assigned to you and breaks are needed in order to achieve the best graduate school experience & education. Your brain, just like the rest of your body, needs a break after intensive activity.

It's not ALL play & no work. Josh, Dan & I working on various projects at the Van Pelt Library.
Thus, if you need to, I give you permission to use this blog post as your excuse to skim a book chapter (occasionally) or stop writing that paper for a few hours to enjoy a meal with a friend or go for a jog. I promise, you deserve it!

2 comments: